Friday, June 22, 2012

Funny Boy

Conor has surprised me recently with some things he has said and done.

Last week he was mad about something, something specific and mad at me specifically.  I might have said no more candy until he ate his lunch.  Something like that.  Well, he yelled at me that he didn't love me.  Ouch!  That hurt, even though he's 3 and doesn't mean it, it's not nice to hear.  I said that wasn't nice, and then just moved on.  An hour or so later he came running into the bedroom where I was putting clothes away and said, "Mommy I'm sorry!"  I had no idea what he was talking about because we'd been joking about something a few minutes earlier.  So I asked him what he was sorry for, and he said he was sorry for saying he didn't love me.  I was pretty astounded.  He's starting to develop an awareness of himself and how he relates to others.

The other thing he did today showed his sense of humor.  He's a funny boy, always laughing, but this really got me.  We were brushing his teeth with him sitting on my lap.  I didn't realize he reached around me with his right arm, to tap my right shoulder. He kept talking to me about something else.  He was playing the joke on me where you tap on someone's shoulder to get them to look, but no one is actually there.  He sees his dad do this to Ian, Madison or me all the time.  I think he'll be keeping me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment